This year we are spreading the message that we can be “Louder Than the Bomb” and abolish nuclear weapons! We are also supporting our friends at the International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons (ICAN)!
ICAN is collecting signatures from parliamentarians all over the world in support of a Global Parliamentarian Appeal for a Nuclear Weapons Ban, and they have asked Ceasefire.ca to help collect the endorsement of parliamentarians in Canada who support the appeal. Ceasefire.ca’s aim is to build support in Canada for an international treaty to outlaw nuclear weapons that will lead to their complete eradication. We hope that we can reach a majority of MPs, and as many members of provincial governments as possible.
Thanks to the support of Thomas Mulcair, along with the entire NDP caucus, Elizabeth May, and Bruce Myer, Canada is now leading the world with 102 Parliamentarian supporting a nuclear weapons ban!
- The entire NDP caucus of 100 MPs endorse ICANs appeal!
- Elizabeth May (Saanich – Gulf Islands), Leader of the Green Party, was the first parliamentarian to endorse the appeal.
- Bruce Myer (Thunder Bay—Superior North), Independent, supports the appeal
- More Canadian MPs have pledged their support for a nuclear weapons ban than any other country!
- 100 volunteer campaigners are working across Canada, helping Ceasefire.ca with the petition drive and encouraging their parliamentarians to endorse the global Parliamentary Appeal for a Nuclear Weapons Ban.
- Volunteer campaigners in Ottawa collected over 500 signatures on paper petitions asking their parliamentarian to work towards a nuclear weapons ban.
- Over 1,800 Canadians have signed our online petition, sending letters to their MPs, requesting that they endorse the global Parliamentary Appeal for a Nuclear Weapons Ban.
102 MPs officially endorsing the global Parliamentary Appeal for a Nuclear Weapons Ban:
- Thomas Mulcair (Outermont)
- Elizabeth May (Saanich—Gulf Islands)
- Glenn Thibeault (Sudbury)
- Chris Charlton (Hamilton Mountain)
- Bruce Hyer (Thunder Bay—Superior North)
- Francoise Boivin (Gatineau)
- Manon Perreault (Montcalm)
- Jamie Nicholls (Vaudreuil—Soulanges)
- Sylvain Chicoine (Châteauguay—Saint-Constant)
- Paul Dewar (Ottawa Centre)
- Alain Giguère (Marc-Audrèle-Fortin)
- Alex Atamanenko (British Columbia Southern Interior)
- Alexandre Boulerice (Rosemont—La Petitie-Patrie)
- Alexandrine Latendresse (Louis-Saint-Laurent)
- Andrew Cash (Davenport)
- Anne Minh-Tu Quach (Beauharnois—Salaberry)
- Anne-Marie Day (Charlesbourg—Haute-Saint-Charles)
- Annick Papillon (Québec)
- Brian Masse (Windsor West)
- Carol Hughes (Algoma—Manitoulin—Kapuskasing)
- Charlie Angus (Timmins—James Bay)
- Charmaine Borg (Terrebonne—Blainville)
- Christine Moore (Abitibi—Témiscamingue)
- Claude Gravelle (Nickel Belt)
- Craig Scott (Toronto-Danforth)
- Dan Harris (Scarborough Southwest)
- Dany Morin (Chicoutimi—Le Fjord)
- David Christopherson(Hamilton Centre)
- Denis Blanchette (Louis-Hébert)
- Dennis Bevington (Victoria)
- Djaouida Sellah (Saint-Bruno—Saint-Hubert)
- Don Davies (Vancouver Kingsway)
- Élaine Michaud (Portneuf—Jacques-Cartier)
- Ève Péclet (La Pointe-de-l’Île)
- Fin Donnelly (New Westminster—Coquitlam)
- Francine Raynault (Joliette)
- François Choquette (Drummond)
- François Lapointe (Montmagny—L’Islet—Kamouraska—Rivière-du-Loup)
- François Pilon (Laval—Les Îles)
- Guy Carson (Rimouski-Neigette—Témiscouata—Les Basques)
- Hélène Laverdière (Laurier—Sainte Marie)
- Hélène LeBlanc (LaSalle— Émard)
- Hoang Mai (Brossard—La Prarie)
- Irene Mathyssen (London—Fanshawe)
- Isabelle Morin (Notre-Dame-de-Grâce-Lachine)
- Jack Harris (St. John’s East)
- Jasbir Sandhu (Surrey North)
- Jean Crowder (Nanaimo-Cowichan)
- Jean Rousseau (Compton—Stanstead)
- Jean-François Larose (Repentigny)
- Jinny Jogindera Sims (Newton—North Delta)
- Joe Comartin (Windsor—Tecumseh)
- John Rafferty (Thunder Bay—Rainy River)
- Johnathan Genest-Jourdin (Manicouagan)
- Johnathan Tremblay (Montmorency—Charlevoix—Haute-Côte-Nord)
- José Nunez-Melo (Leval)
- Kennedy Stewart (Burnaby—Douglas)
- Laurin Liu (Rivière-des-Milles-Îles)
- Libby Davies (Vancouver East)
- Linda Duncan (Edmonton—Strathcona)
- Lysanne Blanchette-Lamothe (Pierrefonds—Dollard)
- Malcom Allen (Welland)
- Marc-André Morin (Laurentides—Labelle)
- Marie-Claude Morin (Saint-Hyacinthe—Bagot)
- Marjolaine Boutin-Sweet (Hochelaga)
- Mathieu Ravignat (Pontiac)
- Matthew Dubé (Chambly—Borduas)
- Matthew Kellway (Beaches—East York)
- Megan Leslie (Halifax)
- Mike Sullivan (York South—Weston)
- Murray Rankin (Victoria)
- Mylene Freeman (Argenteuil—Papineau—Mirabel)
- Nathan Cullen (Skeena—Bulkley Valley)
- Niki Ashton (Churchill)
- Nycole Turmel (Hull-Aylmer)
- Olivia Chow (Trinity—Spadina)
- Pat Martin (Winnipeg Centre)
- Paulina Ayala (Honoré-Mercier)
- Peggy Nash (Parkdale—High Park)
- Peter Julian (Burnaby—New Westminster)
- Peter Stoffer (Sackville—Eastern Shore)
- Phillip Toone (Gaspésie—Îles-de-la-Madeleine)
- Pierre Dionne Labelle (Rivière-du-Nord)
- Pierre Jacob (Brome—Missisquoi)
- Pierre Nantel (Longueuil—Pierre-Boucher)
- Pierre-Luc Dusseault (Sherbrooke)
- Randall Garrison (Esquimalt—Juan de Fuca)
- Rathika Sitsabaiesan (Scarborough—Rouge River)
- Raymond Côté (Beauport-Limoliou)
- Réjean Genest (Shefford)
- Robert Aubin (Trois-Rivières)
- Robert Chisholm (Dartmouth—Cole Harbour)
- Romeo Saganash (Abitibi—Baie-James—Nunavik—Eeyou)
- Rosane Doré-Lefebvre (Alfred-Pellan)
- Ruth Ellen Brosseau (Berthier—Maskinongé)
- Ryan Cleary (St. John’s South—Mount Pearl)
- Sadia Groguhé (Saint-Lambert)
- Sana Hassainia (Verchères—Les Patriotes)
- Tarik Brahmi (Saint-Jean)
- Tyrone Benskin (Jeanne-Le Ber)
- Wayne Marston (Hamilton East—Stoney Creek)
- Yvon Godin (Acadie—Bathurst)
Want to get involved?
Sign the petition asking your local MP to endorse the ICAN global Parliamentary Appeal for a Nuclear Weapons Ban!Sign the petition
Help with the campaign by getting in touch with a volunteer campaigner in your area.
Our passionate and energetic Ceasefire.ca volunteer campaigners are circulating petitions to Canadians calling for Parliamentarians to endorse ICAN’s Global Parliamentarian Appeal for a Nuclear Weapons Ban and meeting with parliamentarians to encourage them do act and endorse the appeal.
Select your province
Steacy Henry – steacyhenry(at)gmail.com
Joan Russow – drjrussow(at)gmail.com
Mark Tymm – bass_boi149(at)hotmail.com
Mary Leslie – meleslie1(at)shaw.ca
Richard Bitner – chardb(at)rocketmail.com
We also have volunteer campaigners in Powell River and Langley. Please contact Kathleen Walsh (kwalsh(at)rideauinstitute.ca) for information on how to get in touch with these campaigners.
We have campaigners in Edmonton and Calgary. Please contact Kathleen Walsh at Ceasefire.ca to get in touch with these campaigners (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Florence Stratton – florence.stratton(at)uregina.ca
We have campaigners in Saskatoon. Please contact Kathleen Walsh at Ceasefire.ca for more information (email@example.com).
We have campaigners in Winnipeg. Please contact Kathleen Walsh at Ceasefire.ca for more information (firstname.lastname@example.org).
John Hill – john.w.b.hill(at)sympatico.ca
Bob Nye – rjpnye(at)rogers.com
Penny Sanger – pennysanger(at)sympatico.ca
Celyn Dufay – celyndufay(at)gmail.com
Mervyn Russell – mervicia(at)yahoo.ca
Rodger Brunning – brunningrodger(at)hotmail.com
Sarah Hutchinson – sgbhutchinson(at)hotmail.com
Josh Buzzell -buzzelljosh15(at)gmail.com
Elaine Burrows – actioncore(at)bell.net
James Riesberry – jcriesberry(at)ripnet.com
Monica Du Cuotto Monni – monica.monni(at)gmail.com
Margaret Beresford – margaretb007(at)gmail.com
Della Webster – webstdel(at)gmail.com
We also have volunteer campaigners in Saint John. Please contact Kathleen Walsh at Ceasefire.ca for more information (email@example.com).
David Howe – davidhowe282(at)gmail.com
Sign up to be a volunteer campaigner and represent your community in PEI!
Sign up to be a volunteer campaigner and represent your community in Newfoundland!
Sign up to be a volunteer campaigner and represent your community in Yukon!
Sign up to be a volunteer campaigner and represent your community in Northwest Territories!
Sign up to be a volunteer campaigner and represent your community in Nunavut!
If you don’t see your city or province represented, sign up to be a volunteer campaigner for your area!
Download the Volunteer Campaigner Kit