2020 Group of 78 Policy Forum
The Future of Peacekeeping in the Transition to a More Peaceful World:
Why UN peace operations are critical and need to be expanded
Panel 5: Conclusions and Recommendations
Event date: Wednesday, February 3, 2021, from 3:00 – 4:30 pm EST
We are delighted to announce our grand finale webinar in the Group of 78 six-session series of Webinars on: The Future of UN Peacekeeping in the Transition to a More Peaceful World: Why UN peace operations are critical and need to be expanded.
Focusing on conclusions and recommendations, it is co-sponsored by the Rideau Institute and the World Federalist Movement-Canada.
The five previous webinars in this series are all available on YouTube
- Dr. Jane Boulden, Professor, Dept of Political Science, Royal Military College of Canada, with a particular focus on UN efforts to manage conflict (Speaking from Kingston, Ontario)
- Dr. Walter Dorn, RMC and Canadian Forces College professor, author, and a leading Canadian expert on UN peacekeeping including new technologies (Speaking from Toronto)
- Dr. Howard Peter Langille, Author and lead expert on UN Emergency Peace Service and “sustainable common security”. (Speaking from Ottawa)
- Peggy Mason, President of Rideau Institute, former Amb for Disarmament to the UN, former peacekeeping trainer (1995-2014), (Speaking from Ottawa)
- $10.00 Suggested for general admission (register through Eventbrite, thank you for your support!)
- Full pass holders do not need to register; you have been automatically registered.
- Free general admission
For the Pdf version of the programme, click here.